Preparing and giving presentations
Do you find the prospect of giving a presentation in English nerve-wracking? You don't need to. Good preparation and effective presentation skills will enable you to give presentations in English with poise and power. This workshop combines instruction, discussions and practical activities. Each participant is required to give two oral presentations (a three-minute introductory "elevator pitch" and a ten-minute presentation on a topic of their choice at the end of the workshop) and will obtain video-supported feedback.
In detail , we will look at:
- Opening and closing presentations
- Planning presentations and structuring them clearly with discourse markers
- Delivering presentations: pace, intonation, word stress
- Interacting with the audience, dealing with questions
- Creating slides, avoiding the "PowerPoint sins"
- Being persuasive with confident language, useful expressions for presentations
You are required to bring an SD-card or laptop to save the films of your presentations. You are also required to complete two tasks outside of the workshop: 1) watch the video and fill in a brief self-evaluation form and 2) prepare a ten-minute presentation for 13th April.
|Referentin:||Amanda Habbershaw, English Trainer Tinta Translations and Training|
|Zielgruppe:||Studierende der JGU ab dem 2. Fachsemester|
9 Oktober and 12 Oktober 2015, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Es ist keine Anmeldung mehr möglich!